B. Arch, 5 Years
Architecture is an intellectual discipline involves with design and construction. The spaces created by an architect enrich the quality of life in their sociological, technical and environmental contexts. Architects are the designers of suitable spaces with optimum utilisation and utmost satisfaction of varied client requirements in a given piece of land.
The Architecture course is programmed in such a way that, it is taught by skilled professionals apart from regular faculty depending upon theory and studio exercises. It is viewed as the core of the programme with crucial inputs being provided by experts specializing in the fields of arts, humanities, engineering and technology, and professional practice of architecture.A strong foundation of multi-disciplinary enabling skills related to space, construction environments and aesthetics are offered to the students. Every student is dealt separately knowing his inheriting skills include drawing, architectural presentation, research and writing, computer applications, technical and managerial aptitudes in problem definition and solution seeking. This college having a material Lab, 3D model making workshop, climatology lab, surveying lab, Apart from this our library has an excellent collection of books and journals. A computer lab is accessible to all the students with required software.
The Bachelor of Architecture program aims to shape students into thoughtful and responsible individuals who are effectively able to tackle the challenges of the profession. There is no joblessness in this field. The young architects can work in any private firm, practice or can be absorbed in Government offices like Municipal corporations, urban development authorities, housing boards, town and country planning organisations, Roads & Buildings department, MES, railways, airport authorities, urban housing departments, public health departments, defence and many other departments, Academic institutions, construction industry, real estate organisations Etc. Mostly architects are preferred practice individually by giving employment to structural engineers, electrical engineers, air-conditioning consultants, plumbing, carpenters, painters and construction dealers & workers.
The 5 year B.Arch., course is divided into 10 semesters, at the end of the course i.e. ninth and tenth semesters are exclusively for practical training under a senior reputed architect. So that the student architect will have more exposure to the practical field and gains confidence.
How to get Admission
- “(1) No candidate shall be admitted to architecture course unless she / he has passed an examination at theend of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry &Mathematics and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination
Passed 10+3Diploma Examination with Mathematics as compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate.”
- Also to be qualified in NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) are eligible to get into Course of Bachelor of Architecture for 5 years.
- National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2019 shall be conducted twice by Council of Architecture at the various designated centres all over India,for admission into 1st year of 5-year B.Arch. degree course for the academic session 2019-20.
- The First NATA test shall be conducted on 14th April, 2019 while the second one will be conducted on 7th July, 2019.
- The eligible interested candidates are to be applied to AP14, i.e. Varaha College of Architecture and Planning, Narava, Visakhapatnam for admission into 1st year of 5-year B.Arch. degree course for the academic session 2019-20.